Friday, May 22, 2009

Some ideas for prayer!

The verse that speaks to Our Team and Our Mission in Tokyo (Isaiah 42:5-8):

This is what God the LORD says—
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
8 "I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another
or my praise to idols.

God's Word is Powerful! Alive! and Active! Please pray these words into being with us over our mission and over Japan!

Our agreed upon Team Norms:

1) We'll be known for our love and gentle(manli)ness.
2) Find Joy in the team, mission, culture, and LORD.
3) Begin every team decision or activity with prayer.
4) 1o minutes early is on time. (we will have issues following this, haha! But it is very important to the Japanese, so we want to strive to honor them in any way we can.)
5) We're willing to approach each other in accountability and resolving conflicts within 24 hours.
6) Recognizing our own and our teammates' strengths and weaknesses and utilize them.
7)Avoid unwholesome language and use your words to specifically and intentionally uplift others.
8) Apply the language as much as possible!

Please pray for Unity and that we would extend A LOT of Grace AND Truth in Love to each other and those we are reaching.

Personal prayer requests for me:

I'm feeling excitement, but really tired already and its going to take a few days for all of us to catch up on rest before we launch ourselves into doing full time ministry during the workweek, which I am SUPER SUPER excited for the challenge and blessing of it! I CANNOT wait to learn from the rare Japanese believers and to encourage them in any way we can! Please pray for refreshment for everyone the CCC staff and student leaders already in Japan and for us there for those 5 weeks. The word says that "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." (Proverbs 11:25) Pray we are generous as God is Generous to us though we are undeserving!

Thank you! "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:16).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess - My daughter's going to be going to Tokyo next month on summer project, so I thought I would check out your blog to see what's happening over there.

    Just wanted you to know I'm praying for your team every day.
    : )
    Crusade Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jess~
    i wanted you to know that i have been praying for your complete healing and return to health!
    i'm so grateful that you were with kimi last week when she was feeling defeated, and that you were able to encourage her with His Word...i will continue to pray for y'all, especially for
    spiritual protection. in His love, kimi's mom

    ReplyDelete