Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tokyo Update (May 24)

Konnichiwa!
.
We arrived safely and on schedule to Tokyo! Today we rested and got familiar with our neighborhood. One of the hardest things to get used to is how quiet it is here. We are trying so hard to respect the culture by keeping our voices down and not attracting more attention than Americans already do. We've had some great food today. Lots of rice and yummy stuff! It's rainy season right now, so its humid and warm.
.
Tomorrow is Orientation with the Japan Campus Crusade for Christ staff and interns starting at 9am. We're getting ready for what is going to be a very challenging but fun summer! Each of us on the team has a role on project and I found out today that I'll be coleading one of the two campus ministry teams for our times on campus 11 to 5pm, 5 days a week. This is pretty exciting for me, I think its going to be a very humbling and stretching 5 weeks, and I am so so stoked to make some Japanese friends! Please pray for my team as we are preparing and getting used to everything. The rest of project is going to be on the go constantly. And please pray for humility and that we would learn to Trust the Lord in all things.
Thank you so much for being a part of the Lord's work in Japan!!! There will be more updates later, but for now, its time to hit the hay which I'm very excited for!

with love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment