Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's Sunday!! (May 30)

Good Morning!
.
I hope that your week has been much more vibrant than mine! Thank you for all your messages. Last time I wrote I was sick and pretty frustrated with that. I think I actually had a slight fever for a couple of days which broke at some point last night. I felt like Lazarus in the tomb for three days! All my energy was sucked out of me. My teamates were praying a lot and I had no choice but to trust that the Lord "works out everything for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8). However this morning is new and I feel new! The master healer has given me rest and caretakers; He is good! I'm sorry that I don't have any first hand stories to tell about Tokyo missions from this week, but my teammates have been encouraged by coming accross some christian students and some very interested nonchristian students on the campuses. One of our guys has made friends fast with the entire Lacrosse team at Hitosubashi campus and some at ICU campus have made friends with ballroom dancers. Japanese are highly influenced by relationships, however often the only basis for that relationship is what group they are associated with, or club, which they call a circle here. Please pray for these blessings and for our attempts to start up an English lunch to meet and serve Japanese friends at a couple of campuses! I can't wait to be back on campus tomorrow!
.
Thank you for all your prayers and hope you bring to the Japanese by sending me and my team!
.
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment