As the semester is winding down I'm getting so anxious to get on that plane and go!
But I know there are things to do here before that can happen. For one thing, I need to finish up with exams and a couple of research projects (one of them being about Mizuko Kuyo, a Japanese-Buddhist rite of passage for women who have had abortions. The purpose of the rite is to pray to Jizo Buddha to guide the baby's spirit back to the "other" world and also to appeal to the baby's spirit not to incur wrath due to being "sent back". Maybe I'll blog more about that later...)
Another thing to take care of is just getting ready to go overseas in general... physically, mentally, spiritually; its kind of a big deal! I'm struggling to have enough energy to finish up school, minister to my international friends (a couple of them are from Japan!) who are going home soon, working a few hours a week at the New Hope house, maintaining all my relationships and raising support all at the same time! It's only God's Grace that's keeping me sane and in one piece.
Speaking of Peace, God has given me incredible peace about raising what is to me a huge chunk of money! (I have about $1,135 so far and still need about $4,020) But to God, it is pretty miniscule, He can pour it in however and whenever He wills! Even in this economy, I'm confident that if He is sending me to Japan to make Him known, then He's going to get me there!
"Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf". (proverbs 11:28)
"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". (Matt. 6:31-34)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment